UCLA Exchange Students are expected to participate in the Exchange Visitor (J-1) Program under the J-1 Non-Degree Student category. DCISS will provide exchange students with a DS-2019 form. A DS-2019 form will be needed to apply for the J-1 visa stamp at a U.S. embassy or consulate.

UCLA Exchange Students must review the NEWLY ADMITTED and CURRENTLY ENROLLED sections of the DCISS website for pre-arrival information, orientation requirements, and visa related services.

UCLA Exchange Programs

Exchange Abroad Program (EAP)

The University of California (UC) hosts Reciprocity students from over 100 institutions in approximately 30 countries. If you are a registered student at one of UC's host universities, you may be eligible to participate. Reciprocal exchange students attend the University of California for up to one academic year on a no-fee-exchange, non-degree basis. Students on the Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) earn degrees at their home university though they are enrolled at a university abroad.

Undergraduate and graduate reciprocity students are nominated by partner institutions under the provisions of specific contractual agreements. Contact your University's International or Study Abroad Office and ask for help in applying to the Education Abroad Program. More information is provided on the UCEAP website .

The EAP advisors at the UCLA International Education Office (IEO) will be able to assist EAP students with academic related services such as course enrollment, housing matters, and academic training authorization. IEO is located at 1332 Murphy Hall.

IEO Contact Info

General Campus and Departmental Exchange

These exchange programs function similarly to the EAP program, but are UCLA specific exchange programs and are overlooked by the UCLA International Education Office.

Refer to the International Education Office website for more information.

LAW Exchange

UCLA School of Law has partnered with sixteen other leading academic institutions in Europe, Asia, Israel, Australia and South America to establish the Foreign Legal Study and Exchange Program (FLSEP). Under exchange agreements with these partner schools, UCLA School of Law will host the most highly qualified students from its partner schools, while similarly talented and committed UCLA law students may sample the intellectual and cultural riches that partner schools offer.

Refer to the School of Law website for more information.