Skip to Main Content

For information about COVID-19 policies and restrictions on campus, please visit the UCLA COVID-19 resources website.

UCLA Dashew Center for International Students & Scholars

J-2 DS-2019 Request Procedures

Partner & Children's Handbook

J-2 Employment Application Guide

I-765, Application for Employment Authorization - The spouse or unmarried child (under 21 years of age) of an Exchange Visitor holding a valid J-2 visa status may work in the United States with authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Applications must be sent to the USCIS Service Center.

UCLA Connect: A Network for Relocated Spouses and Partners - The group has a weekly meeting on Fridays at 11 am at the UCLA Dashew Center and events such as happy hours to workshops, throughout the year!

About the J-2 Visa - U.S. Department of State Website