Visiting Student Researchers on the J-1 Student Non-degree visa category may work on campus part time (up to 20 hours per week). In order to be employed, visitors must be in good academic standing and obtain on-campus work authorization from DCISS.

Work authorization is given for maximum one year. If you wish to continue employment after one year you can request an extension to your work authorization within a month of the end date. In order for DCISS to issue you a work authorization letter, please fill out and submit the following form:

J-1 Student On-Campus Employment Authorization Form

If you change employment at any time, you must complete another request form. Allow 5 business days to process.