You may request a transfer out of your J-1 SEVIS record to another U.S. Exchange Visitor (J-1) designated institution by filling out and submitting the following form to DCISS:

Transfer Out Request Form

A transfer request can only take place if:

  • your J-1 visa category will remain the same at the new institution,
  • your subject of activity is similar to your current UCLA activity,
  • you do not exceed the maximum program duration of your J-1 visa category, and
  • your new institution is a designated J-1 sponsor

Your new institution will make these determinations when accepting the transfer-out request from UCLA.