Only a spouse and minor unmarried children under the age of 21 years are eligible for the dependent J-2 visa status. They may accompany the J-1 student or join them at a later date. Dependents will need their own DS-2019 form to apply for the J-2 visa stamp. The J-1 DS-2019 application includes a section for dependent information. DCISS will automatically provide DS-2019 forms for those dependents listed on the application

However, if you are requesting DS-2019 forms for your dependents after yours has already been issued, you can fill out the J-2 DS-2019 Request Form and upload the following documents:

  • Copy of Dependent Passport Photo Page
  • Financial Documents