You may request a transfer out of your J-1 SEVIS record to another U.S. Exchange Visitor (J-1) designated institution by filling out and submitting the following form to DCISS:

Transfer Out Request Form ( DCISS can also accept the new institution's Transfer Form in lieu of the DCISS Transfer Out Request Form )

A transfer request can only take place if your J-1 visa category will remain the same at the new institution, your subject of activity is similar to your current UCLA activity, and you do not exceed the maximum program duration of your J-1 visa category. Yo